Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 Goals Reviewed

1. Post on my blog at least once a week

Did not happen. I had good intentions but I was never able to get it all together. However we bought me a laptop just a bit ago so I am going to try this again and I think I will be able to do better. I am going to have to think about how often I can set my self for.

2. Take a picture every day.

HA HA HA

3. Get out of the house more / Plan more activities for my family.

I think we did alright this year. Neal was either biking, working or catching up with the house every weekend it seemed so I did a lot of weekend activities with just the kiddos and me. I hope we will be able to do more as a family as things settle at work.
4. Plan more activities for C

a. Put C into survival swimming (that is 2 times a week for 4-6 weeks

Did not happen, I taught him myself for a few weeks but then we went on vacation and then I had a baby.

b. Continue going to play group once a week
We actually went to play group twice a week most of the time since they changed times around.

c. Plan a specific story/activity/craft time twice a week. This would include outings to places we have read about.

Since we were going to playgroup twice a week I didn't feel a need as much but lately with Neal working so late I think I am back in to having more structure to help keep me going during the day. I think I will purchase ABC 124 curriculum and give it a try

5. cook dinner at least 3 times a week
This lasted for a few weeks but I have realized I really really really hate cooking dinner. If we ever get rich we will hire cook. I stayed at my sister's over thanksgiving and she had some yummy simple dinners that I think I can do.

6. Read Scriptures
Well, I got called as YW president right quick after this so my Sunday mornings were changed up a bit. I did not read the lessons but we did do a book a mormon read-a-thon and we read the book of mormon in two days. I took longer (give me a break I had just had a baby a week earlier)

7. Write in my Journal
I wrote a bit better than I have but still need to improve I will continue with this. The hard thing is having the journal where I am in the evening so I can write. My sister writes on the computer so I may do that since if I am doing blog stuff I can just step over to my journal.

8. Read a Church/inspirational/help book for every three fun books I read.
Didn't do this one either. I enjoy my break of life too much.

9. Have a baby
Yup did this and I did a great job!!!





10. Decorate my house.

I got all my pictures up really quick after this and any decorating things I had but I realized I do not have much. I still need help on the decorating portion.

11. Take at least one community education class

Still working on this one. Every time I plan to start up something happens. YW calling, A baby, crazy work schedule, holidays, but I will do it this year.
 
I would say I got 5 out of 11which if this were a class this would never be acceptable to me, since it is life I would say it is pretty darn good!
 
I am excited to set new goals for this year and see how many I can complete.

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wow, 11...you're ambitious! I think you did great, all things considered!

FLEUR de Lo said...

I haven't looked at mine in ages but I'm pretty sure I'm ZERO for ten. Nice!

Someone who used to live in the ward is moving back in this month. I'm still anxiously waiting for you to do that. :)

Darci said...

Hey, at least you are honest with yourself on ones that you didn't follow through with! ha ha I hate cooking also...I don't know how I am going to do it the rest of my life. You are inspiring me to actually write down my goals for this year.