Sunday, July 11, 2010

A baby craft

When we had Cedric a wonderful family gave us thier used carseat. It was so nice not having to purchase one. However, it was really a boy carseat so I got a pattern and made a cover to our little girl.



I am happy with how it turned out. The pattern was great because it had pictures for every step
The only thing that I didn't like is she has you keep a large portion not sewn together where the straps come through. (Where the pink and the white meet) I could still see a lot of the old cover so I used some velcroe and stuck the edges together.



My sister also wanted one so I sewed one for her
Instead of leaving that area open, this time I sewed it all together and then did large button holes on each side that the straps could come through. My sewing machine only does 2 & 1/4 inch button holes though and I needed 2& 1/2 so I had to play with it a bit and they are more like holes then button holes but they work. I hope I can find a foot attachement that allows me to do larger button holes.



This is for her little boy.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Elegante's said...

Such a cute idea. Where did you find this pattern to make these?? I want to make one for my next baby when I eventually have another!

lannie_rae said...

I got the pattern off of etsy. It was really nice because it came with step by step instructions and pictures.