Sunday, March 14, 2010

Adventures in Potty Training



My mother-in-law said she used this book to potty train all of her kids "toilet training in less than a day" and it worked for her.
We, however, are going on a month now and are still having accidents of all varieties


We have tried TV in the bathroom.


Reading Material


Role playing. Now when ever he has wet pants he says "No No baby"


Bribery
 




Since it isn't doing much good down below we are now using them as hats.


I know many people would say stop and try later but I feel that we are half way there and once we start we should just keep going.
What are your feels about potty training and are there any good tips.  Remember Cedric isn't quite 2.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Alanna, thanks for stopping by my blog! And thanks for the advice...I totally considered greasing and flouring, but I was worried it would make the outside look bad. Does it work on chocolate cakes?

This potty training post is so funny. My mom used that same book. I thought about trying it with one of mine, but then I gave up and waited until she begged to be out of diapers. Worked for me. Good thing she wasn't 5 when she wanted out of diapers.

FLEUR de Lo said...

I love that his choice for reading is Motor Trend. :) I need to read those Percy Jackson books. Did you like them. I think we're due for a phone call, eh? I'll give you a ring one of these days...

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Yay I found your blog! We have yet to start potty training at our house because Sam keeps telling me "No" when I ask if he wants to use the potty, so I'm waiting a bit longer. Plus, I think they have better control when they're older anyway. My mom says with her later kids she waited until closer to 3 to potty train. Good luck, hope you find something that works for you!